Birmingham Law Society
The Birmingham Law Society was established in 1818 and is now the largest Local Law Society in the Country representing over 4000 solicitors, barristers, legal executives, trainee solicitors and paralegals in 130 practices in Birmingham and the Greater Midlands. The Birmingham Law Society is a membership organisation offering a number of benefits that are relevant to today’s Legal Community. To find out more about who we are and what we do click here.
Why join Birmingham Law Society?
The legal landscape is rapidly changing and the legal community face greater challenges now and in the future than perhaps ever before. The question that law firms need to ask themselves is do they want to face these challenges alone or would they prefer to be part of a collective group who will:
- Provide representation on the issues important to the legal community;
- Engage on consultation papers which are relevant to members.
- Provide relevant training, which is based upon its members’ demands.
- Arrange high profile events to celebrate and reward legal and professional success in the region, together with more informal social networking occasions in a variety of location.
- Arrange networking opportunities for members amongst themselves and with other professional groups;
- Offer support to members on practice issues, and provide a comprehensive network of colleagues.
And much more!
Learning & Development
Birmingham Law Society prides itself in offering a CPD accredited course programme that is topical, varied and provides excellent value for money held at local venues. We are dedicated to providing this service to the legal sector throughout the greater West Midlands area, not just in Birmingham. Our team of experienced speakers ensures that delivery of all our seminars and conferences is constantly up to date with all aspects of changes in legislation, management/skills development and reflects the current economic climate. If you are not a member of Birmingham Law Society, you are very welcome to attend any of our courses however discounts are offered to our members.